Sunday, October 20, 2013

Review: Crazy Rumors Lip Balm (Pink Grapefruit Juice)


Since I liked the Hugo Naturals Grapefruit lip balm so much, I was eager to try the Pink Grapefruit Juice scent from Crazy Rumors. So eager, in fact, that I got three of them...

Crazy Rumors has a really wide selection of scents/flavors! In the world of vegan lip balm, scent and flavor can be hard to come by and very limited. I've mostly seen citrus and vanilla scents. To see that they produce so many varied and unique flavors is great. I do believe, with the small selection of flavors I've tried, this may mean they can be a little hit-and-miss, but we'll see.

I've used these Pink Grapefruit Juice balms for about six months -- lost a tube in the wash by leaving it in my pocket and everything! So I've really put these through the wringer. They seem to rank between Hugo and Bee Friendly in terms of scent/moisturization. The scent is very light and the taste is also very minimal, but both are present enough to be so much better than unscented/unflavored. These are not saturated with scent or flavor.

In the tube, the wax is very, very firm-feeling against the lips. It will transfer, but it feels very firm. Luckily, it is smooth. (As I've said, I don't really mind the "grainy" feeling some vegan balms can have when their wax crystalizes a bit in the tube, but if you do, this is something to keep in mind. To each his own!) It's also buildable, so you can achieve the amount of lightness or heaviness you might need or want. They feel good going on, and I like this flavor in a neutral manner.

But I do feel like the Hugo one lasts the longest and has the most saturated scent/flavor. It smells like a literal grapefruit, and if you held them both out to me and told me to pick one, I'd take the Hugo flavor. Crazy Rumors' Pink Grapefruit Juice is smoother than Hugo, but I still like Hugo the best, I think, in terms of scent, flavor, moisturization, and staying power.

But if you don't want an overpowering scent or flavor and like a lighter balm, these are worth a try!  At $3.50, they're the general price of most balms I've seen so far, and Crazy Rumors has such a wide selection.

TL;DR: A nice balm with a mild grapefruit scent/flavor. Worth trying, but I think there are better grapefruit balms in particular out there.

1 comment:

  1. I developed lip eczema using Crazy Rumours 'HibisKiss' range - which are btw my most favourite lip tinge balm thingies ever! Am so sad now..spent a good deal shipping all 6 colours half way around the world and I can't use em ��

    ReplyDelete